At Grindleton C.E. Primary school it is our intention our children:
- have a positive attitude towards mathematics and an awareness of the relevance of mathematics in the real world
- show competence and confidence in mathematical knowledge, concepts and skills
- have an ability to solve problems, to reason, to think logically and to work systematically and accurately.
- show initiative and an ability to work both independently and in cooperation with others.
- have an ability to communicate mathematics.
- have an ability to use and apply mathematics across the curriculum and in real life.
- have an understanding of mathematics through a process of enquiry and experiment